it’s crazy that our little guy will be one in a month! bitter-sweet. here are some of the wonderful bastian has been doing the past month:
- he is still not walking although he has taken 4-5 steps in a row. he doesn’t seem too interested in trying either.
- he is moving all around the furniture and sometimes gets daring and will really stretch to get somewhere. he uses his walker to get from point a to point b.
- he loves putting things into containers and then pulling them back out
- he makes a clicking noise with his mouth and likes to scream with his mouth wide open
- he practices taking a lot, mostly when he is alone in his crib. his new sounds are “uh-oh” and sometimes sounds like he is saying hi and bye.
- his personality has blossomed so much in the past month. he is more confident around people too. he laughs at the silliest things and he will just keep laughing and laughing no how many times you do that “funny” thing.
- we started swimming lessons and he really likes it. he goes under water and doesn’t seem too upset by it. it’s so fun to share the experience with him.
- he prefers to feed himself and his favorites are lasagna, waffles and pancakes, strawberries, blueberries, hummus, Cheerios and beets.
- he has started to dance. it’s adorable. he will hold one had up in the air and then just bounce up and down.
- he is so good on the go. he’s a great errand runner and loves to go to the zoo and play dates.
sometimes i look at him and can’t believe he’s mine. how did i get so lucky? in a month we will celebrate his first birthday and we are so excited. i don’t know how a year can fly by so fast. i can say though that we are really excited for everything to come in year 2.