our little poppy girl is half a year old (tear) and i don’t even know how that is possible. i feel like she was a tiny itty bitty baby just weeks ago. here are the wonderful things she has been doing the past month:
- she was 15lbs at her 6 month check-up, 30% for weight and 37% for height
- she still drools like a waterfall, her cute outfits last an hour
- she has started to say “mmmm-aaaahhh-mmm” although i don’t think she is saying mama, i still like it 🙂
- she can sit up on her own, she will take a tumble right on her face though if she’s not focusing
- she has tried solids for the first time a couple days ago and she seems to be into it. she wasn’t too crazy about beets, but she does like sweet potatoes. she still spits it out but she’s getting the hang of it!
- she loves to put things in her mouth and has started to go for her brother’s toys
- she can roll around and is close to pushing herself up onto her hands and knees
- she has had some bad nights of sleep, but then some good nights also. she is swaddled with one arm in and one arm out. i will work that second arm out here soon… ugh i hate that transition
- she loves her brother so much and thinks he’s the funniest one in the house
poppy is just the best addition to our family. i look down at both of my kids playing together and wonder how i got so lucky.