my sweet miss poppy is 7 months old (a week late :|) she is just about perfect in my eyes. i mean this girl really has me in her palm, i can’t get enough of her. here are the awesome things poppy has been doing the past month:
- she got her first tooth! and then another one came right after! wow… two teet, tear
- she is on the move! she isn’t doing a traditional crawl yet, but she almost army crawls. i sweat in this first year, your baby can change in a matter of days, tear
- she is a little talker. she is saying “yayaya” and “dadada” (whaaa? not fair) and all sorts of squeaks and squeals
- she kind of dances in her little bouncer. she waves her head back and forth and stomps her little feet and it’s of course adorable
- she loves her brother. even though the picture below doesn’t say that haha, she thinks he’s the best
- she really likes to play with toys, putting toys into things and taking them out. she tries really hard to get the stacking stars back on the ring
- she sleeps like a good girl now! yay! it’s kind of hit and miss if she sleeps completely through the night but otherwise she wakes just once to nurse
- she is starting to get mad when people take toys or things away from her. i know there will be some big fights once she is mobile and can take bastian’s toys
- she is eating solid foods and is now finally starting to like them. it took quite a bit longer for poppy to get into solids than it did for bastian. she likes sweet potatoes, avocados and is completely obsessed with this sauerkraut that my sister makes… funny huh?!
brian and i just can’t handle how much we adore poppy. we could watch her do cute baby things all day long. i find myself being so sad about her growing older. when parents say they wish they could freeze time, i 100% feel it with poppy. she is growing up too fast, and i will blink and she will be one. seriously, i am so sad about it! haha.