our little olive is 10 months old! here are all the wonderful things she has been doing in the past month:
- she still only has two teeth! i can’t believe that she doesn’t have more haha
- she isn’t really sleeping through the night anymore… i think a cold might have kicked her back in the habit of waking
- she loves to climb the stairs and is getting really good at going down the stairs backwards. she will get to the edge of the stairs (supervised) and we will say, “how do big girls go down the stairs?” and she turns around and goes down on her belly. pretty cute, and i feel like waaay earlier than my two oldest.
- she waves bye bye, her little hand just goes up and down it’s adorable
- she loves to clap and loves when we clap along with her
- she is becoming more vocal but in the form of screaming rather than babbling. she hasn’t been saying mama at all lately… come on little girl!
- she loves to eat and is learning how to drink out of a sippy cup… why do my kids have the hardest time with this?
- her favorite food right now is strawberries
- i have got her to stand by herself for a few short seconds, but i don’t see any signs of her being an early walker like our poppy girl
- she is an independent player but also loves to just watch bastian and poppy be totally crazy
- she loves the bath and thinks she is so funny when she splashes in the water
i find myself holding her a little longer at night before bed, and soaking up all those sweet baby snuggles. i know it won’t be long before she is not a baby and would rather me put her down than snuggle. although i love to watch my kids grow up and see their personalities and curiosities come to life, i still can’t help but want them to be babies forever (minus the sleepless nights :)). olive i will soak up these last couple months before you turn one.